March 22-28, 2020
Put The Social In Social Distancing…
Check out our tips to put some social back in your workout routine this week without getting too close 🙂
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Add The Social. The reality is that most of us push harder and are more consistent with our workouts when we have an accountability partner. During this time of more social isolation, it is important to not forget about your workouts friends and keep pushing each other. Check out these ideas on how to add the social back into workouts but keeping distant.
- Facetime a friend during a workout.
- Use an app like strava or similar to race each other during a run.
- Map out a run route and have several of your friends do it at different times and compare your times and efforts afterward.
- Call your friends and challenge them to up their weights during their workout this week.
- Keep track of your food intake and share it with a friend to keep each other on track.
- Have a meal prep session with a friend over the phone as you share recipes for the week.
2. Tumeric Time. Tumeric has had a lot of buzz lately, but is it really worth its weight in gold (pun intended)? Tumeric is a plant related to ginger. It is most commonly used in curry dishes, but is finding its way into many other recipes due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Tumeric contains curcumin, which is the primary anti-inflammatory and functional chemical in tumeric. Tumeric has shown uses for allergies, depression, cholesterol, osteoarthritis, itching, gut disorders, and many other inflammatory and disease processes. We suggest incorporating tumeric in your diet, if you don’t already. Check out some of the recipes on this page for ways to get your tumeric!
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.