March 15-21, 2020
Keep Healthy And Go Green!
Keep up with your workouts in our social distancing approved online workouts this week. Settle into a new routine and eat your greens in honor of St. Patrick’s Day!
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Find New Routines. The Coronavirus as spread quickly through our communities changing many of our routines and schedules. Stay healthy and keep working out this week. You might have to find new times of day to get your workouts in, but stay on track and keep yourself healthy.
2. Go Green. In honor of St. Paddy’s Day, we are going after greens this week. Green foods have some wonderful health benefits. This is more than just green eggs and ham in your diet this week. Check out our favorite green foods to include this week!
- Kale- This is one of our favorites for salads. It is loaded with Vitamins A, C, and K along with other minerals. It is a thicker green and also works great for a salads if you want a fresh crispy crunch.
- Spinach- Spinach has a lot of uses fresh or cooked. It also has high amounts Vitamins A, K, and manganese. Spinach also has loads of folate that helps red blood cell production and nervous system development.
- Brussel Sprouts- These little buggers are high in Vitamin C, K, and manganese. One of their other benefits is the many antioxidants helping to fight free radical in the body. This is one of our go to side dishes for dinner.
- Arugula- This leafy green is also packed with Vitamins A, K, and manganese. It is also high in Vitamin B9 and has some other cosmetic properties to it. It makes great a salad or garnish.
- Green Tea- Green tea is loaded in polyphenols and other antioxidants with some powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It also is a very clean source of caffeine to give your brain that boost you may need in the morning. Some research also points to its ability to assist in fat burning.
- Spirulina- This green superfood is packed with tons of vitamins and minerals and actually has a high protein make-up. It has lots of research pointing to its amazing benefits to fight a whole heap of health concerns from heart attack, stroke, sinus disorders, cancer, and more. Try a some in your next smoothie!
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.