January 19-25, 2020
This week is all about quality. Focusing on quality workouts and quality foods. Make your workouts and your food choices purposeful this week!
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Purposeful Workouts. In order to make your workouts purposeful and high quality, you must know your goal for each set. During active recovery sets, try to choose a lower intensity and allow for recovery. In a power set, try to be explosive and move quickly. During strength sets, grab heavier weights and focus on resistance. This week really try to make the most of your workouts by making subtle changes.
2. Functional Foods. Similar to your workouts, focus on functional foods this week that have purpose in your diet. Include foods that truly enhance your diet, rather than just bulk filler. Check out some of the great purposeful food choices below.
- Leafy Greens: contain phytochemicals such as carotenoids that help to block carcinogens and reduce chances of cancer.
- Nuts: contain monounsaturated fatty acids that help reduce chances of heart disease.
- Priobiotics: contain good bacteria that aid in gut health.
- Tomatoes and red fruit: contain phytochemical lycopene which aids against cancer.
- Orange fruits / vegetables: contain beta-carotene which aids in eye health
- Fish / fish oil: contain omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.