August 25-31, 2019
Labor Day Or Bust
Go strong with your workouts through the upcoming labor day weekend and also take a look at your workout gear. Back to school means sales and can be a great time to get new shoes, weights, etc.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Finish 31 Day Challenge. Labor Day or Bust… Finish your 31 day challenge strong through the Labor Day weekend. If you have any missed workouts to make up, this is the week to do it. Stay on track this week!
2. Back To School Shopping. Ok, ok… maybe you are not going back to school, but it does often times mean sales. It can be a great time to do some changing out of upgrading of your workout gear. Footwear if one of the most important things to make sure you stay on top of. Don’t let your footwear get old and broken down or you may soon follow suite and find your body breaking down with injuries. We recommend swapping footwear every 300 – 500 miles for running or if you are also using the shoes for workouts. Swap them every 3-6 monhs. There are several factors that can play a role in how fast footwear breaks down. Some of the biggest factors that are probably in your control are listed below.
- Age- Literally meaning when the shoe was made… the older the glues and the products the less responsive and less well it holds up. Those 2015 model shoes on the clearance rack probably won’t last as long and provide the same support/cushion as a new model.
- Mileage or use- As you might expect, the more miles and pounding you put on the shoes, the faster it breaks down.
- Back to backs- Shoes are meant to squish down and rebound their cushioning with every step. Foam that is squished and does not rebound is no longer of use in a shoe. Rotating shoes and allowing a day between uses of shoes can help give the shoe better rebound properties and avoid it being continually “squished.” This can increase the longevity of the shoe.
- Chemicals and moisture- The more your shoe gets wet and exposed to chemicals the more it can also lead to breakdown. This can mean if you are a heavy sweater, a salty sweater, or if you just run a lot in the rain. Similarly, if you are washing your shoes in detergents this can also affect the life of the shoe.
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.