April 14-20, 2019
Workouts As Prescribed
This week keep on track with our meal prep theme of the month. We hvae some great tips on using canning jars for meal prep ideas this week. Also, follow your workouts to the “T” this week. Be purposeful in your workouts rather than just trying to check them off your list.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Meals In A Jar. Canning jars make great meal prep options. You can prep many different lunches or breakfasts in a canning jar to be able to grab and go in the morning on your way to work. The key is layering your ingredients correctly. Here are just some ideas along with the recipes at the bottom of the page.
- Overnight oats- no need to cook these oats, toss all your ingredients (fresh fruit, chia seeds, oats, greek yogurt, etc.) in the jar the night before and let it sit and they will be wonderful soft oats in the morning!
- Mason jar salads- start with the dressing on the bottom and layer your salad on upward. When you are ready to eat, either just shake it up to toss it, or tip it out on a plate and the dressing is now on top!
- Frittata in a jar- That’s right cook your eggs, kale, sausage, potatoes, and anything else you want right in a mason jar.
- Zoodle pasta salads- Make any of your favorite pasta salads but sub zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash as your pasta. Layer the dressing on the bottom first.
2. Workouts As Prescribed. Too often, workouts become just another thing to check off the list. Come back to the reason you are exercising. Are you training for a race, are you trying to improve your endurance to go on a family hike this summer. Something is your driving force. Whatever that reason “why,” make sure to strive for that goal in each workout. Complete your workouts as planned and follow them in every detail. If the workout calls for rest, take rest. If the workout calls for explosive power, try to be as explosive as can be. This week in all your workouts, try to hit the prescribed intensities and intervals times.
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.