April 7-13, 2019
Kick It To High Gear
Up your game this week and increase your weights and intensity in the workouts. Also, some great tips on meal prepping snack bowls!
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Increase Your Intensity. To improve in your fitness, you must always be pusing your body to new limits and providing a stimulus for change. Doing the same thing over and over, will not yield new results. Increase your weight this week, or push your intensity a bit more in your workouts. Strive for that extra rep.
2. Prep Your Snacks. If your week looks anything like ours, sometimes sit down meals can be a challenge. An on the go healthy snack option is sometimes the best choice, when you are running around all day. Check out some of our snack bowl tips below. Make sure to choose organic and local when possible.
- Make a list of all the foods you would like to include in your snack bowl.
- Fruits- rasberries, strawberries, blueberries, mango, avocado, oranges, etc
- Vegetables- carrot sticks, celery, broccoli, snap peas, etc.
- Protein options- tuna, jerky, hard boiled egg, turkey, etc.
- Seeds and nuts- pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, etc.
- Plan out which foods will go with which foods in the bowl
- Celery sticks, hummus, and pistachios
- Straberries, blueberries, and hard boiled egg
- Choose your own favorite combos
- Determine how much of each ingredient to shop for and then start prepping your bowls in tupperware. Keep in mind some foods will keep better than others for the entire week (i.e. carrot sticks may keep the entire week. A hard boiled egg may only keep 2-3 days.
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.