March 31-April 6, 2019
READY. SET. PREP.
As we move into April this week, most of our training miles increase and many people find themselves running out of time to do some of the basics like recovery techniques and planning good meals. Carve out time this week for some of the essentials.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Meal Prep. One of our month long goals for April will be focusing on meal prep. Pick a day this week, maybe it is today, to plan out your meals for the week, go shopping, and do some of the initial prep for each meal. Without having a plan for your week, fast food, or less than optimal snacks start to become the norm throughout the week. Here are just a few quick tips.
- Chop and cut your fruits and vegetables in advance.
- Season and prepare some of your meats.
- Have some ready made options available (hard boiled eggs, oatmeal jars, etc.)
- Pick some meals with some similar ingredients throughout the week to make meal prep easier.
2. Nail Your Recovery. With increased mileage during the spring, getting in your recovery sessions can be just important as the training sessions themselves. All too often, we sacrifice injury prevention for another workout. Make sure to get some short 10-15minute sessions of recovery this week. This could be foam rolling sore and tight areas, strengthening weaknesses, hopping in a cold bath after a workout, or even taking the time to get a massage. Whatever your go to, just make sure to carve out time for it this week.
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.