February 24-March 2, 2019
To finish our quality campaign for the month of February, this week the goal is posture! Strive for great posture and technique in your workouts as well as during your daily life.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Is Your Coffee Quality? Coffee can be a comforting beverage, a pick-me-up in the morning, and a functional drink. On the contrary, coffee can also be an acidic, high calorie drink with unhealthy chemicals. Check out our coffee do’s and don’ts below.
- Coffee can be one of the most highly pesticide sprayed crops. When picking your coffee, make sure to choose the organic varieties to avoid higher pesticide counts.
- There are a variety of brewing options, but pour over, cold press, and french press yield some of the lowest acidities, are more pure, and can also produce better flavor.
- Make sure your coffee is filtered. Espresso is not filtered and should be avoided compared to other filtered ways to brew (see above)
- Avoid high processed creamers, sweeteners, and high calorie additives to coffee.
- Try submitting creamers for MCT oil, or other more natural options.
- Look to add pure cocoa, cinnamon, collagen protein, or other natural options to your coffee to give it a healthy boost.
2. Check That Posture. Correct posture can make a big influence on peoples life. Less wear and tear on the body, improved breathing function, less pain, improved performance, and increased stamina are just a few of the benefits of maintaining good posture. This week think about your posture at your work desk, in your daily activities, before you sleep, and in your workouts. Be conscious of your posture this week and try to improve upon it! Especially with exercise, it can be easy to try and just check off the reps for the workout, but not really pay attention to your posture and your technique during the exercise. Push yourself in your workouts, but make your posture and technique front and center this week!
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.