December 16-22, 2018
‘Twas The Week Before Christmas
Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season. We are excited at the launch of our new run training programs and know you will toe the start line of your next race well prepared! Also, check out our healthy travel tips this week.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Perform A Day Of Fasting. Stay consistent with our theme this month and perform 1 day of fasting this week.
2. Set Your Run Goals. We are excited at the launch of our new run training programs (5k, 10k, half marathon, and marathon). Start picking your 2019 run races and setting your goals. Depending on when your race is, you will want to mark your calendar for when you should start your program (Check out the programs here). The training programs work in conjunction with the online strength routines. Each program contains 3 days of run workouts that you will perform in conjunction with the 3 days of strength workouts here.
3. Travel Healthy And Smart. Holidays inevitably mean traveling to and from family, friends, and maybe even a vacation or two. Travel can be tough on your nutrition plan and workout routine. It is important to plan ahead to help stay on track with your fitness goals. Check out some of our healthy travel tips below.
- Plan ahead for your workouts. Will you be able to get up early in the morning? Can you use a hotel facility? Can you get out for a run? At the very least, taking a jump rope with you will guarantee the ability to get a sweat while traveling.
- A short workout is better than nothing. Even if you only have 15-20minutes to go workout, it is better than nothing. You will likely feel better too knowing that you got something done for a workout!
- Plan your meals on travel days. The food choices at airports, gas stations, and fast food restaurants are never as good what you can pack at home. Invest in a cooler that you can use when on travel days to take your meals with you.
- Pack fresh fruit and veggies for snacks in containers rather than chips, pretzels and other empty Calorie options.
- If you are on a road trip and need to stop, try stopping at a grocery store rather than fast food. You can always find some cut up produce, healthy trail mixes, and healthier beverage options like Kombucha to hit the road again with.
- Stay hydrated. A great packable option to add some flavor to your water can be infused waters. Add a slice of lemon, a strawberry, and a mint leaf to make your water go from good to great and keep you hydrated on the road.
- Check out our family go to road trip snacks.
- Fresh fruit and nut butters
- Veggies and hummus
- Homemade trail mix (nuts, seeds, natural dried fruit, dark chocolate)
- Popcorn lightly salted
- Rx bar or larabar
- Hard boiled eggs
- Buffalo jerky from our local butcher
- Oatmeal and fresh fruit
- Dried mango (the unsweetened kind)
- Sparkling water
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.