December 9-15, 2018
Check Your Posture
With Christmas right around the corner, stress levels can be elevated and one of the first things to often go is posture. Work on your posture this week and include fasting as part of your week.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Intermittent Fasting. Continue with the monthly theme of fasting. During this week, include two days of a shorter fast. The fast on these days will be from dinner the night before until lunch the day after. The fast should be about 15-18 hours on these days.
2. Improve Your Posture. Posture is often one of the first things to go when stress increases. Poor posture can lead to pain, increased injury risk, headaches, decrease lung capacity, decreased exercise performance, and many other issues. Pay attention to your posture this week during various activities such as sitting at a desk, sitting on the couch, sleeping, standing, during your run, and during your strength exercises. Check out some of these tips below…
- Keep your neck relaxed without pushing your head forward
- Relax your shoulders back and downward
- Sit up tall keeping your spine straight
- Sit with your feet supported on the floor or a foot rest
- Avoid crossing your legs while sitting
- Keep feet pointed forward when standing
- Keep weight balanced on both feet when standing
- Engage your core slightly
- Use a taller pillow if sleeping on your side and a shorter pillow if sleeping on stomach or back
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.