October 28-November 3, 2018
Hope you have a great Halloween this week. Make sure not to let your nutrition get too scary, and we encourage you to try a day of fasting this week to help you keep your nutrition dialed in. Also, we are switching gears from a 31 workouts challenge to a 12,000 steps per day challenge in November
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Try fasting for a day. Nutrition can get a little scary around Halloween and the holidays. Fasting can be a great way to cleanse your body mentally, chemically, and physically. Try performing a fast from dinner one night to dinner the next night for starters. Make sure to stay well hydrated and perform this on a day you don’t have a tough workout planned. If you have a pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, make sure to consult your physician before starting your fast. Check out some of the awesome benefits of fasting below…
- helps reduce insulin resistance
- reduced LDL cholesterol levels
- reduced Triglycerides in blood
- improved cellular functions (this helps just about all your body systems)
- helps with weight loss and management
- increases human growth hormone levels (this is a good thing!)
- may help to prevent cancer and/or increase effectiveness of treatment
- may help with chronic levels of inflammation
- may help reduce risks for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
2. Workout Challenge Shift. Finish your 31 day workout challenge strong in the last couple days of October. November 1 starts a new challenge that is all about “NEAT.” NEAT refers to non-exercise activity thermogenesis. This is all the ways that we burn calories through daily activity… doing the laundry, walking around, up and down stairs, washing the car, etc. NEAT is very important for weight management, which is why it becomes a focus for us during the holiday season and as the weather starts to turn colder. During the month of November strive for 12,000 steps per day. Set your goal and track it this month!
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.