October 14-20, 2018
Nothing is better than the taste of pumpkin in October. Pumpkin has some health benefits that are so amazing they are SCARY. Boo! Also, keep on the quest for 31 workouts in 31 days.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. Hit Your Workouts. You should have at least 14 workouts in the bank at the start of this week. If you don’t try to play some catch up this week. Some of you may have caught a cold, or had some other reason the first half of the month was a challenge to hit your daily workout. Regardless of your first half of the month, finish the rest of the month strong and re-commit to a workout a day.
2. Pumpkin Time. Pumpkins have some amazing health benefits and are a great superfood to incorporate this time of year. Nothing tastes better than pumpkin in October. Check out some of the many reasons to incorporate pumpkin this week.
- Get X-ray vision… ok well maybe not x-ray vision, but pumpkins do have loads of Vitamin A which helps to maintain healthy vision particularly in low light settings.
- Pumpkin seeds are full of omega 3’s which can help to reduce inflammation and aid in heart health and buffer against disease. These can be an easy on the go grab for a healthy snack.
- Boost your antioxidant intake with pumpkin. Pumpkins are full of carotenoids which are antioxidants and help to keep skin healthy, and prevent disease such as cancer.
- Pump your immune system. The high amounts of vitamin A and vitamin C in pumpkins can help keep your immune system running strong and fight off that fall cold.
- Pumpkins are high in fiber and can aid in weight loss and also will keep you regular. The high fiber content can help to curb your appetite and give you a feeling of fullness.
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.