September 30-October 6, 2018
October Means A New Challenge
Congrats on making it through no sugar and no alcohol September. A new month, means a new challenge. October starts our 31 day workout challenge. Also this week, focus on nutrition and log your food and fluid intake!
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. 31 Workout Challenge. Time to up your workout game! Thirty-one workouts in thirty-one days! Try to get a workout in every day, but if you miss a day, make sure to double up on another day, so you can finish the month with 31 total workouts. What defines a workout you ask? Well, if you have to ask if an activity is a workout, chances are it just isn’t tough enough. In order for a workout to count toward you 31 day challenge, it should leave you sweating, heart rate elevated and take at least 30-45minutes to complete depending on intensity. Start this week strong and bank seven workouts!
2. Log Your Nutrition. At the Fit Collective, we love having people actually log their food from time to time. It is a good reality check to make sure your nutrition is spot on! Make sure to track what you ate, quantities, Calories, fluid, etc. You can use an online tracker or app like myfitnesspal to make it easy. Take this simple quiz each day to evaluate your nutrition log. Hopefully you can answer yes to most of these questions.
1. Did you drink half your body weight in ounces?
2. Was 90% of your fluid intake clear?
3. Did 1/3 to 1/2 of your plate consist of fruits or vegetables?
4. Did you consume protein at each meal?
5. Did you avoid sugar and alcohol?
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.