April 19-25, 2020
In the craziness of our world, it is easy to have excuses… no excuses this week.
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
1. No Excuses. It is an easy time to blame things on our situation and surroundings. We are stuck inside, difficulty with grocery shopping, busy teaching kids school, etc. There are all kinds of reasons why things are hard or difficult, the question is will you rise above it and get the job done anyway? In a matter of speaking, grab the bull by the horns and get it done. The future is unknown and how long we will be in our current situation is unknown. With that said, we have to prepare for a new normal and get good at getting in workouts and nailing your nutrition in these new circumstances. Make that a focus this week!
2. Smoothies. Our family loves smoothies. As temperatures warm-up and new produce comes into season, we crave them even more. There are so many great smoothie ideas out there. If you are making them for kids, its hard to go wrong with a staple of berries, banana, and peanut butter. If you are making a smoothie for yourself, try to venture out of the norm and try some of these awesome superfoods listed below.
- Chia seeds- these little seeds pack a great punch fighting against heart disease, aiding in brain function, and digestive health just to name a few.
- Cacao powder- who doesn’t love a little decadence in a smoothie. With cacao powder, it can be guilt free since there is no sugar and packed with antioxidants.
- Goji berries- One of my favorite toppers for an acai or smoothie bowl. These little berries are packed with amino’s and antioxidants
- Flaxseed- All you need to know is fatty acids and fiber. Flaxseed contains some great fats that help with brain function, heart health, and much more.
- Acai berry- This berry is one of the highest in antioxidants and it can help boost brain clarity!
- Maca powder- If you are looking for more stamina, an energy boost, and improve endurance, toss some of this into your smoothie.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPES
We love to keep meals healthy, easy, and tasty! Try some of these awesome recipes this week.